Soho Farmhouse is a hotel and a members' club that sits on 100 acres of Oxfordshire countryside in England. There are 40 cabins in different sizes that have 1-3 bedrooms, 1 cottage that has 4 bedrooms, and the Farm House that has 7 bedrooms. What does this shabby chic getaway have to offer, you ask? Well, if you have already discovered the Boat House and went for a swim in their indoor-outdoor pool, relaxed in the sauna, and enjoyed the hot tub facilities... here are a few things you can do if you have the opportunity to stay at this fine gem of an establishment:
1. Overindulge at the Cowshed Spa.
2. Take a stroll through their "Farm shopping", check out Soho Home goods. You will fall in love with their raw antique style. (They even have swimsuits upstairs to purchase if you forgot yours.)
3. Eat in the Main Barn, Hay Barn, or Pen Yen- for delicious Japanese cuisine.
4. Have a cocktail in the Mill Room or Barwell Barn.
5. Go horseback riding.
6. Cozy up in the Electric Barn velvet cinema and enjoy a film.
7. Take a bike ride to go mini golfing. (Bikes provided for each person in the cabin throughout stay.)
8. Check out the horses, chickens, and pigs.
9. Take a cooking class at Cookhouse.
10. Curl up by any one of their dozens of fireplaces/fire pits in the Farm Yard and enjoy the scenery.
We stayed overnight for a wedding and had such an unforgettable experience here. From being escorted to our cabin in a little blue milk-delivery-like truck, to everything in between, I have to say it was very special. Check out their website for the ultimate sneak peak.
* Compliments to Soho Farmhouse, Roxy & Johnny Lim-Diaz for the most fab wedding getaway of the year!!